Once you have downloaded the Simple-Sign-In app and have set your 4 digit pin you will be given the choice to scan your passport or answer questions. This guide will talk you through how to scan your passport.
- You will first be shown 4 tutorial pages that will tell you tips on the best way to scan your passport. Below are those steps:
* Only use a real passport, not a photocopy or scanned version
* Place your phone parallel to the passport. If possible laid on a table
* Be careful of light conditions. Avoid backlightings
* Be careful not to hide information from your passport with your fingers
- It will then open a capture screen where you need to scan your passport. (It will look like the below)
- When this opens place your passport on a flat service, open on the picture page and line up your smart-device as shown below
- You will need to make sure that your passport picture page lines up to the template shown on the screen of your smart-device. (Template is shown in black below, this will appear as white on your screen)
- You will not need to press any buttons to capture the image, this is done so automatically
- If you have followed all the steps correctly you will then see the Simple-Sign-In app change to show the below.