This document will outline the App Recovery Process and what you will see and be required to do when completing this process.
In the even that you have either:-
- Deleted the app from their smartdevice
- Changed their smart-device e.g. upgrade or new purchase
- Lost their smart-device
- Forgotten their 4 digit pin
- Reinstall following error/bug as instructed to by the help desk
As long as you know your Account Password it is a quick process to get access to your SecureIdentity once again.
- You will need to navigate in your browser to SecureIdentity.co.uk.
- Then select the options menu (the 3 lines next to the SecureIdentity logo
- Select the My Account option
- On this page you will need to select the appropriate option to proceed
- You will navigate to a page called Retrieve Your Account. You will be required to enter in the email address you used to register and the Account Password you set up and click Continue.
Note: You must know your account password in order to proceed, without this the only option available to you is to use the option Repair Identity.
- Once you have proceeded a Email One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to your email inbox. You will need to retrieve this and enter it in prefixed with the letter M. Once you have entered the information in the correct fields you will need to press Continue to proceed onward.
- Next you will be sent a SMS One Time Password (OTP) to the mobile phone number you used when registering. You will need to retrieve this and enter it in prefixed with the letter T. Once you have entered the information in the correct fields you will need to press Continue to proceed onward.
Note: The telephone number must be the same as when you registered, if it is not the only option available to you is to use the option Repair Identity.
- Next you will see a screen explaining that you will need to download the Simple Sign In App from your smart-devices app store.
You must click the DOWNLOAD button on this page and not manually search for it yourself in the app store.
- Once you have clicked DOWNLOAD it will direct you to your relevant app store and the download process will begin.
- Once downloaded you must click on the OPEN option within your app store
IOS App Store Android App Store
- You will need to open the Simple Sign In app, and you will be presented with a screen that explains the purpose of the app. Here all you need to do is read the text onscreen and press the Continue button.
- You will next be prompted on the Simple Sign In App to create a 4 digit pin and then confirm it by entering it in a 2nd time.
- Once you have successfully created and confirmed your 4 digit pin you will be presented with the following screen telling you to Go Back To Your Browser which is the final step within the Lost Phone Process. Click Continue to take you back to your browser.
- You have now successfully linked your SecureIdentity to the Simple Sign In App once again and it is now ready for you to use to sign into Government Services.