This Public Service Description relates to a Morpho-UK service known as SecureIdentity.
SecureIdentity is designed to allow an adult Subscriber to securely authenticate him or herself to UK official on-line services without the need to repeatedly transmit personal data. It allows the Subscriber to keep a complete control over all his/her personal data he/she provided at the enrolment while Morpho-UK runs the Service infrastructure at its secure Trust Service centre.
The Subscriber registers on his/her personal device (smartphone, tablet) and provides a small set of personal data among the list of authorised data. Based on this, SecureIdentity automatically searches public and private databases to validate these evidences to eventually verify the declared identity.
Key features of the SecureIdentity are:
- Complete managed service;
- Regular automatic identity re-validation. The Identity is revalidated every 6 months when a new sign-in request is received;
- Secure infrastructure designed to meet and assessed against ISO27001:2013 (certification planned during first half of 2016);
- Compliance with the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and all other relevant UK Data Protection Laws;
- Compliance with the HMG (Her Majesty’s Government) IPV Operations Manual Version 2.3.1;
- Compliance to the HMG Good Practice Guide 45: Identity Proofing and Verification of an Individual;
- Support of a variety of personal data including UK Passport, Driver licence, etc.;
- Support of a variety of personal devices including Smartphone (Apple, Android, etc.);
- Operational 24/7 with physically remote secure contingency facility;
- Customer support through a Service desk opened 14 hours a day during the week (less during the week-end).
The service is built using Morpho technologies trusted by dozens of governments world-wide and utilises industry standard protocols and best practises to protect personal information.